Sanford Farmers’ Market Seeks Market Manager
The Sanford Farmers Market is currently seeking candidates for the Market Manager position.
The Sanford Farmers Market in Sanford, NC is looking for a dedicated part-time market manager for its seasonal Saturday market held from 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. beginning April 24 and concluding on November 13. The manager will help facilitate Saturday operations including maintaining an onsite presence during market hours each Saturday.
- Professionally represent the market and its mission to the market’s vendors, consumers, and the local community
- Work with the market officers, board and Downtown Sanford, Inc. to plan and facilitate the market annually
Key Vendor-Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintain updated and accurate records and documentation (documents should be readily available upon request) including:
- Vendor membership status and contact information
- Copies of vendor certifications, licenses, and other required documentation
- Sales Tax exemptions or Tax ID records
- Maintain annual market insurance and state required paperwork
- Keep a weekly excel spreadsheet with customer & vendor attendance
Verify vendors comply with market requirements:
- Verify tax ID number is displayed as required in each vendor stall
- Verify all market/vendor tents are secured by weights at all times
- Confirm vendor scales are certified
- Confirm all vendors have clear pricing displayed
- Set up the welcome table and parking signs
- Serve as primary contact for potential new vendors seeking to submit applications, providing guidance for compliance with market policies and procedures.
- Process all vendor applications (new/returning) in a timely manner, referring to the steering committee before finalizing vendor approval
- Resolve any vendor conflicts as quickly and discreetly as possible
- Enforce the Sanford Farmers’ Market rules
- Work with other market offices to facilitate full and diverse market product mix with concentration on more farmers and farm-type vendors
- Have an updated parking diagram (to be provided after opening day) to ensure vendors are parking in the correct locations. If a new vendor joins after opening day, they may choose from any available space – not one reserved by a current vendor. Parking spaces are assigned for the season.
- Collect $5 per week for participating in the market as well as collect the $25 annual dues.
Key Outreach and Marketing Responsibilities:
- Social media updates and posts
- Ensure smooth running of the SNAP/EBT Electronic Benefits Transfer (food stamps) and Food-Share program WIC/FMNP
- Respond to customer questions in a friendly and positive manner
- The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic advocate of the local food movement and NC agriculture.
- Sanford Farmers Market is a no-resale market focusing on locally grown and locally made products. However, the market management and vendors may vote to bring in (unrepresented) state-produced produce for the benefit of the market.
- The Market manager must be reliable, self-motivated and have good communication and customer service skills.
- Must have a valid NC driver’s license and a reliable means of personal transportation.
- Ability to work Saturday mornings and to perform marketing and administration tasks.
Excellent oral/ written communication skills and be detail oriented, possess good
interpersonal and problem-solving abilities, including the ability to maintain calm and multi-task in a busy environment.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter detailing your interest, a resume, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 9th, 2021. Thank you!
Job Type: Part-time
Start Date: April 24th, 2021
Pay rate: $100 per Saturday