Lee County ACHIEVEment Award Program
Goal Setting (Began January 2018)
We have now adopted the state 4-H Achievement Plan and adapted a document we can use in our own county 4-H program. This will make it easier to award our members for ACHIEVEment and add value to the awards, encouraging members to participate at age appropriate levels. Members are not required to use the plan but are rewarded with Scholarship money when they meet plan level goals. A club with many members participating in the plan will be more likely to re-charter at the Emerald Level. You can find our new Achievement Plan member worksheets here.
- Club Leaders should provide a copy of page 1 and 2 and the age appropriate pages to each member.
- At the first meeting of the year have members set goals using this plan by checking the suggestions in the “Planned” column. These become your member’s goals that can simply be listed in the Project Record Book goals section.
- At each club meeting it would be good practice to have members update the plan by filling out the “Date Accomplished” column as requirements are completed.
- Once members have met all the goals for the attempted level the club leader must verify by signing the form and then leaders may go ahead and turn it in into the 4-H office. It may take more than 1 year to complete a level. Only one level per year will be awarded at that year’s ACHIEVE Banquet. All completed goal sheets must be turned in by the last business day of the year to be eligible for the award.
- There is a Policy Document explaining all other parts of the Lee County Achievement plan.
Lee County Awards the following Scholarships:
Cloverbud (5-6) Achievement Award $15
Cloverbud (7-8) Achievement Award $15
Green Clover Achievement Award (9-18) $15
Bronze Achievement Award (9-18) $25
Silver Achievement Award (9-18) $50
Gold Achievement Award (9-18) $75
Achievement Medal (13-18) $100