Bradford Pear Bounty in Lee County- October 2023
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
We are on the look-out for Callery Pears! N.C. Cooperative Extension- Lee County Center is partnering with the City of Sanford to put on a Bradford Pear Bounty, collaborative program between N.C. Cooperative Extension, NC Urban Forest Council, NC Forest Service, and NC Wildlife Federation, on Saturday, October 28, 2023.
Fill out our sign-up form to be the first to receive the registration information for the Lee County Bradford Pear Bounty when it is released.
How it Works
From the NC Bradford Pear Bounty website:
- Pre-registration is required.
- A before and after photo must be brought to the event (i.e., a picture of the tree standing and a picture of the tree on the ground). If the tree was not flowering when cut, an additional photo with a close up of the leaves or bark is required.
- Tree removal is the homeowner’s responsibility. Several tree care service providers are offering discounts for those participating in the program (these to be announced soon). Find a certified arborist here.
- This is an event-based program. Participants must attend at the location and date/time of the event to pick up their trees.
- Any North Carolina resident local to the event location is eligible.
- Only the homeowner can register and receive replacement trees.
- Replacement trees are free, native, and offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Up to five (5) trees can be exchanged at a one-to-one ratio for the removal of five (5) Bradford pears.
Here is more information about other questions you might have about the Bradford Pear Bounty.
Upcoming Classes Related to the Bradford Pear Bounty Program in Lee County
There is a long time until Saturday, October 28, 2023, so we are offering a series of classes during the run-up to the event to get you ready to take care of your new tree by the Bradford Pear Bounty distribution! More classes will be announced in June!
|Thursday, March 9, 2023||Bradford Pear, Invasive Species- Overview||Th, 6-7:30 p.m.||Farm Bureau Auditorium, McSwain Center|
|Thursday, May 18, 2023||Basic Tree Care||Th, 6-7:30 p.m.||Farm Bureau Auditorium, McSwain Center|
For questions regarding the Bradford Pear Bounty in Lee County, please contact Amanda Wilkins at (firstname.lastname@example.org).